Things To Do In Mount Saint Helens
Are you an adventurous traveler looking for a thrilling destination with breathtaking views? Look no further than Mount St. Helens! Located in Washington state, this stunning volcano offers a range of exciting activities for nature enthusiasts and history buffs alike. From hiking to panoramic viewpoints and exploring the fascinating National Volcanic Monument, Mount St. Helens is a must-visit destination for anyone seeking a unique and unforgettable experience.
Here are some of the top things to do in Mount Saint Helens:
1. Iron Creek Falls: Rated 4.8 out of 5, this stunning waterfall is a must-see for anyone who loves the great outdoors. Located just a short hike from the parking area, the falls offer a refreshing respite from the summer heat and a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
2. Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument: Rated 4.8 out of 5, this national reserve is a protected area of volcanic mountains and one of the most popular attractions in the region. With numerous hiking trails, camping sites, and scenic viewpoints, the monument is an outdoor lover’s paradise. It is open from 8 am daily, but the closing time may vary depending on the season.
3. Windy Ridge Viewpoint: Rated 4.8 out of 5, this viewpoint offers breathtaking views of Mount Saint Helens and its surroundings. It is accessible via a scenic drive along Forest Road 99 and is open 24 hours a day. Visitors are encouraged to take a day hike from here to the blast zone for a closer look at the mountain’s raw power.
4. Loowit Viewpoint: Rated 4.8 out of 5, this viewpoint offers a stunning panoramic view of the mountain and its surroundings. It is located along Spirit Lake Highway and is open 24 hours a day. Visitors can enjoy hiking, bird-watching, and wildlife viewing at this scenic spot.
5. Pearson Air Museum: Rated 4.6 out of 5, this museum is located in nearby Vancouver and is a must-see for aviation enthusiasts. It features a collection of vintage aircraft, including planes from World War II and the Cold War era. The museum is closed on Mondays and opens at 9 am on other days.
No matter what your interests are, Mount Saint Helens has something to offer. So pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable adventure!